Tuesday, August 25, 2009

And now for something completely different!

I couldn't really think of a title for this post since it's going to be completely random! My aunt came and stayed with us last week to help with organizing and the all important scrapbook store search. We went to IKEA (again!) as it was my aunt's first IKEA experience and we wanted to get the glass to protect Darren's desk. After about 3 days in our apartment, it had a fair number of scratches. However. The glass didn't exactly fit in my car...and there were 3 of us. We ended up taking the glass out of the cardboard packaging because it added a couple of inches to the glass that wasn't helping anything. Determined not to make another trip, Darren squeezed into the backseat with the glass. We got several looks as we drove out of the parking lot. My aunt could hardly take the picture from laughing so hard.
We had also purchased some storage for our bathroom the week before. (Thank goodness- can you imagine what the car would have looked like with the glass AND this storage unit?) My aunt helped to put it together while Darren was at USF completing some paperwork.

We decided randomly one night that we would like to paint the bathroom. Right now- it's completely white. White walls, white tile on the floor, white countertops, etc. We thought we would like a brown or a tan since it matches our towels. Ok, so I wanted to match the towels. We went to Lowe's and bought those 8 oz. cans that let you test colors so we could decide what color we liked. And everyone has joked that my cat matches the colors we chose for our bathroom/bedroom, etc, so we had to get a picture of her next to the two choices!
The day before Aunt Carol got here, Darren and I went to get our Florida Drivers License. A process that took 2 and a half hours. While my aunt was here, we went to register my car in Florida only to find out that Florida doesn't know how to read Tennessee forms. Ok, that might be a bit harsh, but seriously- it should not be this hard to change states. The tax collector's office made me fill out a form, fax it to my parents and have them MAIL it back to me to say that they gifted the car to me. In TN, the form says that a parent gave the car to their child. But it's on a yellow piece of paper- maybe that's what confused Florida (their form is white). Either way, I got the form in the MAIL yesterday and went to register my car. 2 hours later (because the fees DOUBLE after September 1st, every one and their brother was there yesterday), I have new car tags. Woo. I opted for the sea turtle license plate.

And last on the update list, Darren started graduate school yesterday at USF. Every year that I can remember, Mom would take my picture on the front porch with my new backpack, new dress, and new lunchbox. So of course, I had to continue on the tradition. Only....we don't have a front porch and it was too early to take the picture outside anyways. So we improvised and took it inside with a bunch of lights on. Then Darren prepared to brave the rumored horrible Tampa traffic. He doesn't know if yesterday (and today) were just unusually light days or what, but traffic was in no way worse than Nashville. Putting that up here...I've probably just jinxed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment