Friday, January 29, 2010

Valentine's Day Cactus?


This may be a bit random- but I was really excited by this. When I was growing up, we had a "Christmas Cactus" in our dining room that usually bloomed around Thanksgiving. So last year, when Walmart was selling Christmas Cacti, I bought one. Of course, it didn't bloom last year. (Anyone who knows my luck with plant life will not be surprised by this. It's more surprising that it survived the move down here and is still alive a year later.)

When it didn't look like it would bloom this year, I did some research online and found articles with very specific directions on light and temperature. Still, it didn't bloom this year at Christmas. Then, last night (after forgetting to water it for about 3 weeks), Darren looks over at the plant and gasps. There must be about 10 buds. So apparently, we didn't purchase a Christmas cactus- it's a Valentine's Day cactus!

No comments:

Post a Comment